I love smoothies.
What can I say?
Especially green smoothies. Why? They’re a super simple way to get greens into your body first thing each and everyday.
But when life gets busy it can become too easy to get stuck doing the same old smoothie day in day out. Almond Milk, ice, my favourite protein, coconut oil, nut butter and fresh berries. REPEAT.
So because it’s the middle of summer here in Spain + smoothies are the perfect way to refuel and cool down, below are some of my fave ways to change up your smoothie (in no particular order!).
- Cinnamon. Perfect for keeping sweet cravings at bay and great with summer berries (like raspberries, blackberries and blueberries) even cherries.
- Cardamom. Gives smoothies a kick of exotic citrus-y flavour, great with mangoes and bananas.
- Ginger. I love ginger, it can give your smoothie a kick so play around with quantities to get it right for your taste buds – there are so many health benefits to this silent hero; anti inflammatory being no.1
- Dates. Add sweetness to your smoothie without overdoing it; AND get a kick of iron, potassium, and B vitamins to boot. I add dates to almond milk and banana smoothies most often
- Maca Powder. Great for boosting immunity, stamina and even libido this has an earthy flavour that I love.
- Avocado. I love the creamy texture that avocados adds to everything including smoothies
- Coconut oil or butter is seriously one of the most brilliant products ever created. Add it to banana, mango or pineapple smoothies and feel like you’re having a fancy umbrella drink on a far away, tropical beach. Sounds good doesn’t it? Yay!
- Nut butters. Almond butter, peanut butter, even tahini – essentially sesame seed butter – I’m telling you – it’s yummy and creamy!
- Beats. Particularly great pre run or work out, their nitrate content will give you an endurance advantage with more ease
- Cacao. Make your smoothie a chocolate milkshake, all in the name of adding this superfood to your diet. Go on. Enjoy guilt free indulging!
If you’re a smoothie master, I’d love to hear what makes your smoothies special, go ahead and share by commenting below 🙂
- Use spinach or swiss chard instead of kale if you don’t want greens to overpower the taste
- Smoothies are a great option for mornings when you don’t have time to make anything more complicated, they also make a great healthy snack on the run + if you add a quality protein can be used as the perfect meal replacement.
- Just be mindful of how much of each ingredients you put in the blender, particularly when it comes to avocados, coconut oils and nut butters – it’s easy to go overboard and end up with a super calorific breakfast!
I know you are busy and your time is uber limited so I hope this helps – I have also designed a challenge perfect for a busy life, to help you refuel in just 5 easy steps to enjoy endless energy + lose weight!
I am excited to support you in a closed and exclusive private Facebook forum.
Trust me you will love it.
Love + lots of green healthy smoothies